Sunday, January 3, 2010

My work reflects my thoughts on culture, politics and society. Sometimes, I like to reveal hidden truth in our social life. One of my pieces is titled

My work reflects my thoughts on culture, politics and society. Sometimes, I like to reveal hidden truth in our social life. One of my pieces is titled Sink; there I tried to show some street children who are reading. I realize they have no opportunity to go school but when they get a book or a newspaper, they try to read it very attentively. Resist depicts a female figure and a child. In Bangladesh, Women and children survive many difficulties. I want to see them as very strong.

0 Comments
Inspector Clouseau in Dhaka
Author: sr Filed under: ArtWednesday
Dec 26,2007
Ah yes the bumbling and incompetent Inspector Clouseau must have been in charge of the precious bits and pieces at Zia Airport the other day when the nation’s heritage was under the care of Air France. Two priceless pieces have gone walkies. And the rest have been returned to the national museum as the powers that be finally resolved to not send the stuff to the Guimet in Paris. As I said in an earlier post, this whole thing at the Guimet lacked process even apparently the final decision to send them according to the New Nation.

And amazingly, Ayub Quadri, the education and cultural adviser to the inappropriately named “caretaker” government, is mulling resignation. I guess he is hoping Monsieur Clouseau will find the priceless Vishnu artefacts and save his skin.

Meanwhile I reckon Inspector Clouseau’s spokesman has started the damage limitation exercise at the French embassy in Dhaka. They reckon the whole thing was “highly suspicious.” Mon dieu! Yes it gets better. And they are effectively blaming those people who objected to the exhibition for the theft! This is a quote from their press release :

”… could also be the result of a conspiracy by a very small nexus of people to embarass France and Bangladesh.”

And the fallout in France? Well the concern is overwhelming it seems from my preliminary searches in newspapers such as Le Monde, Liberation etc. Not a damn thing. I even looked at L’humanite…a paper I always bought on my dirty weekends in Paris…but there also, NOTHING.

No comments: